Assistant Transport Planner
£20,000 - £22,500
Dynamite Recruitment are pleased to be recruiting for an Assistant Transport Planner for our client in Portsmouth during this exciting period of growth.
You will report directly into the the Transport Planner and you will assist with the day to day planning of the entire logistics fleet. You will support with all administration duties and will have contact with customers and internal members of the team.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience within transport planning, coordination or knowledge of transport administration.
The ideal candidate
- Be proficient in Word and Excel (essential) and have working knowledge of Sage and Mandata
- Have good geographical knowledge of the UK/Ireland (essential)
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Work under the minimum of supervision
- Work under pressure
- Problem solve on multiple levels
- Have knowledge of Route Planning
- Be able to Load build
- Data entry
- Liaise with intercompany department
- Understand the Working Time Directive & EU Drivers Hours
The ideal candidate must have a can do attitude and a team player attitude. During busy and demanding times you will need to contribute as a whole team. This role can offer progression and development for the right person
- To produce the most efficient transport plans for multiple depots across the UK.
- Ensure all plans are created within legal constraints
- Identify unutilised resource and action accordingly (working with other departments to resolve).
- Identify over capacity and escalate accordingly with recommendations.
- Ensure housekeeping for all systems and processes is up to date, including training matrix'.
- Liaise with departments to ensure any operational issues are considered for planning.
- Demonstrates Health and safety leadership and commitment through embedding the site and company rules
- Improving the way, we do things, focusing on profit, customer service and best practice
If this sounds like your next position then please get in touch with Shannon Preston at Dynamite Recruitment on 02392 455422