Nights Transport Operator
Permanent, Full time
I am looking for an experienced Transport Operator to work nights within a busy transport office based in Portsmouth.
You will work Wednesday -Saturday nights on 12 hour shifts.
You will have responsibility for the daily planning of company and third party resources. Utilising the company vehicles effectively while giving Drivers clear instructions and guidance.
- Communicating with drivers and subcontractors
- Planning the successful utilisation of vehicles, drivers, subcontractors, and agencies while considering company sites always
- Ensure a safe environment for drivers
- Liaise with retail departments to optimise success and smooth running of all projects
- Work as a team with other operators and team leaders to discuss and review efficiencies and current practices
- Ensure customer requirements are met always
- Ensure timely return of all vehicles
- Work with compliance to ensure trucks are legal, and information is downloaded in a timely manner
- Conduct investigations relating to accidents and issues with driver performance
- Manage costs in line with KPI's
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Experience in a transport operator role
- Good geographical knowledge
- Results focussed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and drive a team
- PC Literate
- Excellent attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very well known, stable and secure business.
I am looking to arrange immediate interviews.
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.