Trainee Assistant Buyer
Upto £18K P/A + Full Company Benefits!
Monday to Friday - Full Time Hours between 7.30am & 6pm
Please note: the company is relocating from Chichester to Fareham in early 2019!!
Dynamite Recruitment is recruiting for an Trainee Assistant Buyer to join a business who is developing a culture where every employee is tasked with competing against themselves, improving themselves and putting the customer at the centre of the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual currently working in food & beverage to be trained into being a Buyer.
- Work closely with and support the Head Buyer on all buying activities to achieve company strategy goals.
- Ensure the correct range of products are available to the business with the best price.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly reports in line with central purchasing guidelines.
- Manage on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships in line with company procedures.
- Proactively source suppliers and product domestically and internationally.
- Negotiate effectively and fairly with suppliers to improve the company's profit whilst maintain a strong working relationship.
- Ensure internal departments are made aware of any stock availability issues and changes to product.
- Conduct price and range comparisons to ensure the company remains competitive.
- Manage the cost, sale, margins and range of your assigned categories.
- Attend and partake in trade shows.
The ideal Assistant Buyer:
- Will require a good level of competence with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Will be educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English at C level or above.
- Will be a confident networker who can build strong working relationships.
To be considered for this exclusive role, please submit your CV then contact Amy West at Dynamite Recruitment on 02392455422
Key words: buyer, assistant buyer, suppliers, negotiating, purchasing, procurement, purchasing strategy, stock control, stock take, lidl, tesco, stock controller, aldi, asda, sainsburys, marks and spencers, morrisons, fmcg
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.