Temporary Technical support analyst- Home working initially
Start date: Immediate start
Duration of assignment : 1 month initially although this may go on further
Salary : £15.00 per hour
Hours of work , Full time - Standard shift times will be based between 7am-7pm (7 days a week) working 4 days on/ 4 days off.
Dynamite recruitment is currently working in partnership with a very well-established business based in the Southampton area
Our client provides specialist technical products and an outstanding service to support this
Due to internal changes out client is looking for additional support within their IT support team and require a Temporary Technical support analyst / 2nd 3rd line Support
This will initially be home working although if you would prefer to go into the offices they can accommodate that also
As a Temporary Technical support analyst your primary role would consist in carrying out complex investigations, working closely with customers and supporting new installations.
The key duties of a Technical support analyst consist of the following
- Completing a daily set of PCI checks to ensure compliance.
- Writing PowerShell scripts to deploy software or configurations.
- Utilising remote management and telemetry tools to deploy and monitor business solutions.
- Manage software pilots by communicating with end users.
- Working as an individual and as part of a team to carry out complex investigations/diagnostics on technical issues.
- Completing installations on new and existing sites – across multiple systems
- Provide post install snagging support
- Managing customer expectations on a regular basis – usually for high profile customers/issues
- Providing regular support to engineers, whether linking to service or installation calls
- Regularly liaising with other departments
- Assisting in the implementation of software/hardware pilots – completing gate processes with development to ensure deployment
- Perform training & provide detailed documentation to the desk
- Providing customer service in a polite and professional manner
- Understanding procedures and upholding the company image by administering them correctly
- Technical account management – managing the scheme relations and taking part in reviews/meetings with customers/account managers
- At least 2 years IT experience required
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Experience supporting IT systems to a high level preferred but not required in retail or fuel POS/BOS/EFT systems.
- Ability to work in a pressurized environment.
- Ability to write in any scripting language or programming language such as PowerShell, Batch or C# etc.
- Problem analysis/problem solving – ability to think outside the box to diagnose issues.
- A good understanding of networking: equipment, protocols and concepts (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, Firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- A good understanding of PC security
- Will be available Immediately