Technical Support Assistant
Salary: £13.00per hour
Hours of Work: 09:00am - 17:00pm
Duration: This is a temporary position however could go permanent for the right candidate
Dynamite Recruitment is delighted to be working in partnership with an international software provider who work with some of the world's biggest businesses and governments, their secure software enables organisations to deliver a vast range of secure services.
As the Technical Support Assistant you will provide 1st and 2nd line technical support for the office and production networks for all customers.
- Build and configure new desktops, laptops and printers
- Assist when needed in the maintenance of the existing servers, desktops laptops and printers
- Provide technical support to staff across all UK sites and to home workers
- Manage and monitor subcontractors who are implementing changes affecting any networks or systems
- Provide support to the Systems Administrator and support analysts in the diagnosis and resolution of critical issues
- These duties will be performed for the following specific technology: Desktop PC & Laptop hardware/HP & Kyocera Printers/MFD's/ Windows 7 Clients/ TCP/IP networking/ System Imaging & Backup Technologies
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1 to 2 years in a technical support/helpdesk role in a mixed network environment
- Windows client/server operating system experience with understanding of network standards/technology
- Ability to work on own initiative along with being a team player
- Good PC troubleshooting skills and problem solving ability under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication skills with patience in providing technical support to less IT literate users
- Ability to remain calm in the face of critical issues
- Knowledge/skills in VMWare, Hyper V and SAN, MS Office skills and SharePoint 2010 an advantage but not essential along with understanding of network topologies and hardware including Hubs, Switches, Routers, VLAN's, Firewalls etc.
- MCP/CCNA/MCITP, HP or Dell hardware solutions accreditation an advantage but not essential
- Full UK driving license because you may be required to travel to other UK sites including Havant, Camberley and London
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.