Technical Support / Helpdesk Advisor
Location: Eastleigh Southampton
Salary: £20000 rising to £20500 per annum
Plus, fantastic benefits
Hours of work: This is a full-time position which will require you to work shifts between
6am - 11pm Monday to Sunday this is based on shifts of 12 hours, 4 days on and 4 days off
There may also be the requirement for you to provide cover for the night shift if and when required, therefore please only apply if you can be flexible to support with this at times
Dynamite recruitment is currently working in partnership with a very well-established business based in the Eastleigh area of Hampshire
Our client provides specialist technical products and an outstanding service to support this
Due to developments plans for 2019 our client is now looking to recruit a Technical Support Analyst / Helpdesk Advisor to join the business
Technical Support and Helpdesk you will be responsible for assisting a variety of clients with all round technical supports related to their products and services
You will also support the company overall with 1st line assistance
Your key duties will include the following:
- Helpdesk: Acting as a first point of contact for clients via email and on the telephone
- It is your responsibility to ensure that calls are answered within the KPIs.
- You will need to follow the basic processes and diagnostics (1stfixes) to establish the exact problem on site and where possible resolve issues for the customer
- You will be responsible for escalating issues according to company escalation process and ensuring the right people are aware of any issues that need attention.
- You will be expected to Log & update all calls on both the company call management system and, in some cases, certain third-party systems.
- It is the Technical Support Analysts responsibility to ensure that the call management systems are up to date with all necessary relevant information.
- You are expected to provide software support using Remote Control/Access systems, following basic processes and diagnostics to establish the exact problem on site and implement fixes.
- This includes providing Technical support for both company engineers and third-party engineers on site and escalating to 2nd Line when necessary.
You will be expected to notify management and the Customer management team via email using the agreed escalation procedure for all high-level issues, with regular updates when requested (or necessary) as per procedure.
- You will ensure that all system alerts are dealt with in a proactive manner and will be expected to provide support to the Operations Team & Service Desk Administrator when necessary.
- You will be required to assist with the Implementation of new software, hardware releases and ado rollouts as part of a team, ensuring that procedures are followed, and installations double checked at all times
The ideal candidate will
Will have had previous experience within a Helpdesk / Technical Support
Will be used to receiving high volumes of calls on a daily basis
Will be able to work to deadlines and under pressure
Will have the following competencies
- Oral and written communication skills
- NVQ1/GCSEs and above (or equivalent) in key competencies
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Problem analysis/problem solving
- Good Timekeeping
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of SLAs and KPIs
- Computer Literate
- Quick learner
- Flexible and adaptable
You will have key technical skills & a basic Understandings within the following
- Windows Operating System ranging from 2000 - Windows 7
- Network infrastructure
- Borland & SQL
- Visual Basics and C#
- Microsoft office
- Petrol forecourt systems
- Card Payment Processes
- Remote Connections
To be considered please submit your CV Immediately
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.