Job Title: Stores/Logistics Officer
40 Hours per week 5 days over 7 days
Dynamite Recruitment is currently recruiting for a large company who operate on a national bases...
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Possessing a comprehensive understanding of material / stock management techniques and inventory control methods and procedures
- Responsible for the safe and adequate storage of goods in the warehouse.
- Planning daily operations, managing warehouse personnel, and hiring temporary staff as and when necessary.
- Ensuring that the warehouse equipment is maintained in a clean and serviceable condition in accordance with the recommended operating practices including the completion of a daily prestart safety check.
Logistics and Supply Chain
- Managing inventory efficiently and effectively in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures (First In - First Out, Just In Time).
- Managing the picking and packing of goods, and arranging appropriate transportation for distribution (freight consolidation, cost analysis, routing and scheduling).
- Making requests for stock items, materials, tools and equipment, ensuring constant availability. Tracing, tracking and expediting these requests with the Purchasing department.
- Tracking shipments from suppliers to ensure they arrive on time and that shipment and delivery processes adhere to any pertinent regulations.
- Coordinating reverse logistics flow of assets which includes receipt and subsequent dispatches to the returns agent and ensuring compliance of established reverse logistics operational processes.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining contingency plans to fill orders and deliver materials on a timely basis.
- Reporting of stock held across all locations in the areas covered (Value and Volume) as required.
- Conducting regular stock takes and the annual stock take, reconciling inventory records with physical counts.
- Full, clean valid UK Driver's License. - license for 7.5 tonne vehicle and below is desirable
- Forklift license; Counter Balance and Articulated desirable
- At least 2 years of experience in a warehouse and/or stores involving staff management is essential.
- Applicable to the position offered in the North (Warrington): A Logistics background to better support and assist with coordination of logistics operations in the north in essential - 1 year experience in a logistics or supply chain role with demonstrated decision-making ability.
- Experience in checking, maintaining, and auditing equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- DBS check required
Please contact Jade O'Neill at Dynamite Recruitment to apply with a up to date C.V
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.