Shipping Clerk / Transport Administrator
Maternity Cover - 9-12 months initially with an opportunity that this may lead on to further opportunities thereafter
Salary: Starting salary of £18500 which will increase to £21500 within 3 -6 months Thereafter you will have an opportunity for this to rise yearly up to £240000
Hours of work: You will be required to work 12 hour shifts between 06:30am - 19:00pm Monday to Friday. You will not work every weekend and if scheduled a Saturday, you will finish at noon but paid for a full day.
The shift rota is planned 2 days on then 2 days off.
Holiday: 28 days, free car parking and additional benefits
Start date: Immediate start
Dynamite Recruitment is proud to be working in partnership with one of the most successful freight businesses based on Portsmouth. Our client ship a wide variety of goods from the UK across to the Channel Islands on behalf of some extremely well known businesses and due to maternity our client is looking to recruit a Shipping Administrator to cover a maternity of 9-12 months .
As part of the Shipping team you will be responsible for supporting the business with the shipment of hazardous and non-hazardous goods
Key duties will include
- Working within a team supporting the business with the administration for the shipment of goods
- Receiving delivery notes from a transport team which will then be uploaded accurately onto the company in house system
- Producing shipping manifests and shipping documentation- weights, dimensions, quantity ect
- Scanning and filing and overall management of POD's
- Checking of deliveries , and documentation
- Declaring hazardous goods to customs and completing paperwork
- Customer services
- Liaising with third parties both internally and externally where required
To apply for this position you will
- Be looking to start work with immediate effect
- Will be flexible to work a shift rota of 12 hour days - 2 days on and 2 days off
- Will be happy to commit to the full maternity cover
- Will have excellent administrative skills - good attention to detail
- Will have good attention to detail
- Will have good customer service skills
- Have the ability to work within a pressurized environment to meet SLA's and targets daily
- Will have flexibility to work overtime throughout busy periods
To be considered please submit your CV Immediately
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.