You will provide financial planning support to the Advisers, assisting them in delivering an outstanding holistic financial planning service to new and existing HNW clients, who typically have complex planning needs. The role helps the advisers to provide clarity to clients and to deliver exceptional quality service
An award-winning boutique wealth planner, asset manager and employee benefits specialist. Who are independent, this allows them to provide objective advice that is aligned to a client’s best interests, delivered by teams steeped in financial services knowledge and experience.
The role offers the ability to work from home but ideally you will be within 2 hours from London for ease with client meetings etc.
- Preparing for and attending all client meetings wherever possible, taking detailed written notes and following up on any technical points after the meeting.
- Gathering and analysing comprehensive, detailed information from clients, their professional advisers and others.
- Producing comprehensive and clear suitability letters for clients.
- Preparing lifetime cashflow models relevant to each client’s circumstances, objectives and possible financial outcomes.
- Communicating these models to each client in person and in writing. Dealing with queries and modified scenarios as required.
- Constructing and producing a financial plan to address each client’s lifetime objectives in the context of these cashflow models, generally comprising (but not limited to) contingency planning, legacy/succession planning, asset allocation/wealth management and tax planning.
- Carrying out regular reviews of clients’ financial plans, circumstances and objectives.
- Dealing with complex and technical client queries as and when they arise.
- Interpreting new technical information, legislative and regulatory changes from various in-house and external sources and ensuring the team remains compliant with FCA and internal compliance procedures.
- Engaging with intelligent, demanding clients (many of whom are investment professionals themselves) consistent with developing and maintaining outstanding, long-term relationships.
- Have 5+ years’ experience:
- within the independent sector of the financial services industry
- in a paraplanning role involving direct contact with sophisticated HNW clients
- Hold Chartered Financial Planner status with the CII
- Understand the principles of asset allocation and portfolio construction
- Have excellent knowledge of investment, life and pensions products and current legislation
- Have broad knowledge of esoteric products, including VCT and EIS investments and structured products
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Income Tax, CGT, IHT, Trusts and both DC and DB pension transfers
- Understand the importance and benefits of lifetime cashflow modelling, ideally with experience of Voyant as a cashflow modelling tool
- Previous experience of using Intelliflo will be an advantage
In return you will receive a basic salary of £50,000 + dependent on experience. With a full benefits package as well as the flexibility to work from home or hybrid working! Together with a discretionary bonus scheme.