Senior Credit Controller
£20k - £24k, Depending on Experience
Full Time, Temporary to Permanent Position!
Dynamite Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Senior Credit Controller to join one of our top clients based in Whiteley. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to become part of a vibrant and busy team.
The Credit Controller will be responsible for maintaining the direct debit ledger, ensuring timely collections from customers and to keeping accurate recording of payments. Credit checking new customers and opening new credit accounts ensuring the company has all the relevant information on the debt.
- Responsible for ensuring timely collection by direct debits for circa 8000 transactions per month.
- Maintaining the Direct Debit customer database ensuring accurate and complete records
- Preparing weekly/monthly direct debit reports for upload into the finance system
- Proactively taking ownership of all queries/disputes in relation to customers working with the relevant departments within the company to resolve and to follow up on a regular basis
- Liaising with customers to settle aged debt pertaining to uncollected direct debit payments
- Produce collection/chase letters and monthly customers statements
- Take appropriate legal action as a final remedy
- Take credit card payments were direct debits have failed
- Attend weekly credit control meeting to discuss collection progress and resolve debt collection issues
- Maximise cash flow for the company
- Proactively encourage the timely settlement of outstanding amounts due from customers
- Provide weekly debtor reports with corresponding progress and collection notes
- Maintain customer relationships with top 100 debtors
- Ensure correct and accurate information on customer accounts is maintained at all times
- Credit check process and open new customer accounts
- Prepare weekly credit reports and bad debt reports for Financial Controller and Finance Director to review
- Preparation of monthly Bad Debt Provision
- Process and collect Direct Debit Run
- Take ownership of all queries/disputes in relation to customers work through the relevant departments within the company to resolve and follow up on a regular basis.
- Identify risk indicators of bad debt in the early stages and liaise with Account Managers and Financial Controller
- Any Ad Hoc requests to support the Financial Management team
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience within a similar position
- Used to dealing with high volume accounts
- Computer literate with Microsoft excel, including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Must be organised and able to meet set deadlines
This role will interview and start ASAP so please only apply if you have little or no notice period!
Please contact Leanne Storey at Dynamite Recruitment for more details or apply now!!!!
Credit Controller Finance Assistant Billings Direct Debits Accounts Assistant Debt Recovery Collections
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.