Hours: 8.30am & 5pm, Monday to Friday
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with experience in Purchasing or Buying in the Bonded Goods sector!
As the Purchasing Assistant, you will:
- Work closely with and support the Director of Purchasing and Global Sourcing Manager on all buying activities to achieve company strategy goals.
- Ensure the correct range of products is available to the business at the best price.
- Manage on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships in line with company procedures.
- Proactively source suppliers and products domestically and internationally.
- Negotiate effectively and fairly with suppliers to improve the company’s profit whilst maintain a strong working relationship.
- Ensure internal departments are made aware of any stock availability issues and changes to the product.
- Conduct price and range comparisons to ensure the company remains competitive.
- Manage the cost, sale, margins, and range of your assigned categories.
- Attend and partake in trade shows.
The ideal Purchasing Assistant will:
- Must have a proven background in Purchasing or Buying in the Bonded Goods sector
- Ideally, have experience working in the FMCG or food & beverage industry.
- Ideally have experience of working with duty-free, import or export goods although this isn’t essential.
- Be an excellent communicator and with the confidence to negotiate with suppliers.
- Be PC literate and a team player.