|Job Title:||Purchasing Assistant|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2020 14:30|
Hours: 8.30am & 5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £20,000 - £28,000 P/A dependent on experience
Dynamite Recruitment is recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant to join a business who is developing a culture where every employee is tasked with competing against themselves, improving themselves and putting the customer at the centre of the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with experience in Purchasing or Buying or an individual looking to progress into the sector!
Please note - due to the current climate, responses and interviews may take longer than usual to arrange!
As the Purchasing Assistant, you will:
- Work closely with and support the Director of Purchasing and Global Sourcing Manager on all buying activities to achieve company strategy goals.
- Ensure the correct range of products are available to the business with the best price..
- Manage on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships in line with company procedures.
- Proactively source suppliers and product domestically and internationally.
- Negotiate effectively and fairly with suppliers to improve the company’s profit whilst maintain a strong working relationship.
- Ensure internal departments are made aware of any stock availability issues and changes to product.
- Conduct price and range comparisons to ensure the company remains competitive.
- Manage the cost, sale, margins and range of your assigned categories.
- Attend and partake in trade shows.
The ideal Purchasing Assistant will:
- Must have experience of working in an FMCG or food & beverage industry.
- Ideally have an understanding of Purchasing/ Buying or Procurement.
- Ideally have experience of working with duty free, import or export goods although this isn’t essential.
- Be an excellent communicator and with the confidence to negotiate with suppliers.
- Be PC literate and a team player!
To be considered for this exclusive opportunity, please submit your CV and then call Amy at Dynamite Recruitment!!
Key words: buyer, suppliers, purchasing, purchaser, supply chain, procurement, category, stock control, stock take, negotiating, stock controller, purchasing strategy, RPI, sourcing, contracts, import, export, FMCG, food and beverage, buying, buyer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's