Hours of work: Core working hours Mon-Fri
Salary: £25000 to £28000 per annum
Plus, fantastic benefits which include, company car, mobile phone, pension, holiday and many more
Dynamite recruitment is currently working in partnership with a very well established and hugely successful property business who are based in Fareham
Due to growth to their property portfolio our client is looking to recruit a Property Manager
As a Property Manager you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of 400 -600 units within an agreed radius in Hampshire or West Sussex. This is an internal position.
As a Property Manager you are primarily responsible for the delivery of management services to a portfolio of residential and, where applicable, mixed-use buildings and estates. This role will be the direct interface with the Client/Freeholder and Leaseholders within their portfolio.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
- Finance and Budgets
- Ensure that Management Agreements are in place for all clients and developments Prepare budgets for each property within the portfolio
- Assess the level of annual service charge budgets and prepare notes of explanation for each property within the portfolio
- Liaise with clients / landlords to agree the service charge budget
- Provide background detail and financial information to enable the service charge budgets to be agreed
- Liaise with the clients / landlords / leaseholders on the content of the prepared annual accounts Answer residents' queries on service charges
- Liaise with Credit Control to advise lessees of their liability for payment under the terms of the lease Liaise with the Accounts teams in the production of requests for payment, service charge debtors, accounts production and all other accounting processes as agreed
- Ensure manual invoices are produced for additional work and the records are kept updated.
- Ensure that the developments, including common areas, in the portfolio are fully insured, including property owners' and employers' liability cover (if applicable) to their full value and that the premiums are paid promptly
- Ensure that all Plant & Machinery is insured against any sudden or unexpected damage and ensure that periodic plant inspections are carried out to comply with statute
- Ensure that the Directors of Residential Management Companies have, or are offered, Legal Expense Insurance.
- Ensure that the Directors of Residential Management Companies have, or are offered, Directors & Officers Insurance
Contractors & Facility Management:
- Obtain alternative quotations for services as required by the clients / landlords and in compliance with the lease or other legal documentation in place at the property
- Carry out the interviewing, selecting, appointing and supervision of contractors, to include Estate/Building Manager, porters, cleaners, yardmen, estate operative, gardener, handymen, as applicable.
- Advise the relevant Administrator of any new contractors to ensure they are included in the Approved Contractors' Database.
- Provide contractors with a specification of works and work orders for all works to be carried out.
- Ensure that all contractors have appropriate Public Liability Insurance and comply with current Health and Safety requirements
- Correspond with clients / landlords / leaseholders and respond to residents' queries
- Maintain a brought forward system to ensure timeliness of procedures Advise the Client on any matter relating to the terms of the property lease
- Circulate correspondence to Lessees/Residents regarding Health/Safety, Fire Regulations, parking etc arising from reports or noted on site visits
- Carry out statutory consultation with the lessees, RMC and Residents Associations (if any) and fulfil all of the requirements of Section 20 Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 (as amended) in relation to all major works and all long -term contracts as specified by the Act
- Instruct and liaise with surveyors/project managers in drawing up specifications for and the overseeing of major works projects and to be familiar with CDM regulations where appropriate.
- Advise on Company Law requirements in conjunction with the Company Secretariat Department
- Inform clients / landlords / leaseholders of their obligations in accordance with their Lease, Housing Acts and Landlord and Tenant Acts
The ideal candidate will
- Have previous experience within Lease Hold Property Management or at least within Lettings / estate agency but with an understanding of leasehold legislation
- Will have the ability to build strong working relationships
- Will have managed a portfolio of clients previously with success
- Will have the ability to multitask
- Will be confident in making decisions and take responsibility
- Will have strong communication skills
- Will be fully competent in using Microsoft Office
- Property management Qualifications would be advantageous
To be considered for the position for the Property Manager please submit your CV Immediately
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.