Procurement Officer -IT
Location - Southampton
Hours - Full Time - 37 hours per week
Salary - £29,000 - £35,000
Plus, fantastic benefits which include the following:
- 30 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Free car parking
- Flexi time working
- Support for further training and development
- Travel season ticket loan
- On site café
Dynamite Recruitment's client, one of the top five institutions of its kind in the world, are seeking a Procurement Officer to join their stunning offices in Southampton
You will be reporting to the Commercial Manger, Supporting with the new procurement function
Duties Will Include:
- Comply with Research Council and NERC policies at all times, including Equal Opportunities Policies, and ensure that duties are carried out in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and guidance document
- Promote and demonstrate a personal commitment to company values and People Strategy.
- Promote and demonstrate a personal commitment to Working with Respect - Co-ordinate, plan, maintain and deliver the procurement pipeline with the stakeholder and S&PS team.
- This will include the some sourcing medium and high value goods & services as well as, where appropriate, the rationalisation and standardisation of goods.
- Contract manage a range of local contracts and agreements.
- Arrange and take part in a range of contract management meetings both internal and external involving for example suppliers, users and external contracting agencies.
- Knowledge of professional purchasing principles acquired through Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), or equivalent training, or demonstrable work based knowledge & experience
- Full understanding of contract law, public contract regulations and ability to apply EU public procurement procedures
- High degree of computer literacy. Understands and uses IT in order to improve the effectiveness of the service, planning and supporting the introduction of new systems and actively seeking to apply technology to improve systems and process
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.