Duration - 2 months (potentially extended, may also have the opportunity to apply for permanent vacancy)
Hours - 37 p/w Mon to Fri
FULL DRIVING LICENSE AND VEHICLE ESSENTIAL
Dynamite Recruitment are working for a well established business in their search for an experienced Procurement Officer who has public sector and legislation knowledge and is used to delivering organisation wide projects.
- Responsible for the tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of a portfolio of corporate contracts
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of procurement projects, including full OJEU compliance in line with European and UK Procurement Regulations.
- Prepare procurement documentation using the e-procurement systems
- Support the analysis of the companies' category risk reviews, expenditure and supplier use patterns to identify scope for new potential contracts/savings
- Delivery of both Procurement and Contract Management training to the business
- Responsible for providing internal clients with Contract management on major/corporate contracts and renegotiations
- Undertake other aspects associated with delivering projects including, facilitating and leading meetings, researching systems/processes and best practice, networking, development and implementation of new products/processes.
- Responsible for maintaining a Contracts Register, ensuring all procurement activity carried out is undertaken in accordance with applicable legislation and government guidelines
- Undertake regular financial assessments of existing and new suppliers
The successful candidate
- Degree level education
- CIPS or relevant qualification in Procurement
- Experience of public sector procurement
- Knowledge of procurement legislation
- Experience of category management practice
- Experience of delivering organisation-wide projects
- Use of E-Tendering systems
- Ability to write clearly and concisely and produce accurate reports
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- A clear commitment to equal opportunities in both employment and service provision
- A driving licence with a car available for business use
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.