Salary is dependent on experience
Dynamite Recruitment are pleased to be recruiting for our industry leading client based in the heart of Portsmouth, they are looking to recruit for two experienced Operations Administrators to join the team during this period of expansion.
Since Brexit the Freight, Logistics and Distribution sectors have had a huge demand and because of this we are looking for individuals that are confident managing a demanding workload, are able to think on their feet and also have the ability to adapt to industry needs.
Duties will include:
- Liaise with clients regarding their goods to be collected or delivered.
- Arrange collection and delivery of goods following discussions with transport manager
- Gather invoices and associated paperwork from clients, check content for relevant required info. If not correct, contact client to send correct invoice/paperwork
- Prepare import and export files and enter jobs onto our operating system (BOXTOP)
- Set up import and export customs clearance with our agents in uk and Europe, sending them cargo details and paperwork
- Monitor customs clearance in UK and EU to ensure smooth flow, deal with any queries.
- Ensure clients are kept fully informed about their deliveries/collections.
- Ensure BOXTOP files are updated with all necessary information and that relevant invoices and paperwork is saved into BOXTOP, including the POD and customs paperwork
- Prepare BOXTOP files for invoicing and deal with any queries
- Quote clients for freight movements as and when required, following agreement from transport manager prior to quoting
- Any other support which is required in order to prepare and ship clients cargo both to and from the EU
- Have some knowledge of International and National road transport is essential however full training will be given
- Ideally a knowledge of worldwide shipping and Air Freight
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Job entry into a Freight Management System (ASM, Descartes, Serqouia, Destin8)
- Ability to work as part of a team with limited supervision.
- Confidence to speak to clients and suppliers
- Confident in dealing with difficult situations
- Punctuality, commitment and reliability.
If you would like to find out more about this position, please get in touch with Shannon Preston at Dynamite Recruitment on 02392 455422