Location: Portsmouth – Remote working
Duration: Temporary for 3 months could be extended to cover sickness.
Salary: £15- £15.50 per hour
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 9 – 5, Friday 9 – 4:30.
Dynamite Recruitment is working in partnership with a client who are a leading provider of affordable homes and housing services in the South of England.
As a Money Advice and Benefits Advisor, you will work with the Team Leader to support vulnerable residents, offering advise on how to get through any debt they may have.
As a Money Advice and Benefits Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Supply residents with accurate and clear advice on their benefits and debt.
- Ensuring customers are aware on benefits and debt resolution services.
- Work together with internal teams and stakeholders effectively to create sustainable tenancies.
- Provide advice to residents, keeping in line with all policies and procedures.
- Dealing with sensitive information daily.
- Attending appeal hearings.
- Keep up to date with benefit changes and legislation.
- Work with external stakeholder/charities to seek grant and/or charitable donations.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Knowledge of Social housing sector.
- Solid knowledge on benefits, debt advice and financial issues.
- Must be able to drive.
- Maintain and build relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Comfortable with using a variation of communication methods.
- Experience of working with vulnerable residents.
- Worked within a customer focused environment.
- Skilled with budgeting.