Location : Fareham / Gosport
Salary : Up to £38000
Hours of work :9am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and an early finish of 1.30 on a Friday
Dynamite Recruitment is working in partnership with a very well-established business who are based in the Fareham / Gosport area
Due to huge growth plans for 2022 our client Is incredibly busy and is now looking to expand the team with a Purchasing Planner / Merchandiser
As a Merchandiser / Purchasing Planner you will be responsible for:
Reporting to the Operations team, your focus is to ensure that the business always has the right stock on hand at the right time and in the right quantity
You will need to work closely with all other Departments to facilitate the efficient flow of stock through the business.
Working cross-function with other teams to formulate the buying strategy and planned order forecasts and regularly review these against performance.
You'll look for seasonal trends in company trading and relevant markets to highlight our high and low requirements throughout the year and ensure that the business has the right stock available at the right time.
Working collaboratively with the Sales and Marketing Director and Sales team building a strong relationship with them and their customers is a must to make sure that any forward planning is catered for.
You will also need to work closely with other departments during product launches and with the purchasing administrator to create buying plans for new products being introduced.
As a Merchandiser /Purchasing Planner your duties will include the following:
- To ensure that you have the right stock – Planning a buying strategy to enhance a current forecast system using trends and customer data.
- Working with the Purchasing Department, Sales team and Customers cross function to deliver required stock.
- Working with the sales team to aide with forecasting accuracy including any analytical detail (historical data/trends/seasonality etc).
- Understanding Customer stock KPI’s with NAM’s and other stakeholders.
- Extracting and analysing customer sales reads/epos data as well as stock holding to identify upselling opportunities.
- Planning of annual orders to optimise and maximise sales volume, profitability, warehouse optimisation and factory criteria.
- Be a key part of the Supply Chain Team, helping to create and drive change and improve system and processes.
- Assist Director of Operations with day-to-day tasks.
- To aid in Product Range Planning - working closely with the Creative Service’s Team to forecast quantities for new products.
- Aid with the introduction of new product launches, pushing to make sure our pre-sold criteria is achieved prior to placing orders.
- Liaise with the trading team to identify over-stocked lines that should take the lead in sales events
- Produce project analysis on marketing & ad campaigns, presenting results to the team during project meetings.
- Provide regular analysis of best sellers, ensuring the products are coded accordingly in the system, allowing visibility to all departments.
- Work with the brand and marketing teams to identify market trends that can improve planning accuracy for the future
- Agree purchasing plans with the Director of Operations, Head of Finance and Sales and Marketing Director.
- Potential to attend customer meetings and trade shows and liaise with any external suppliers where necessary.
- Monthly analysis on potential lost sales due to out of stocks, reporting to Director of Operations with review of purchasing plan.
- Providing a monthly forecast analysis/accuracy report.
- Looking at Optimisation of stock holding.
The ideal Merchandiser/ Purchasing Planner will have / be
- Previous experience as a Merchandiser.
- Excellent communication skills, clear and concise in both verbal and written communication.
- The ability to gather key information and identify the real root problem along with a solution.
- Be comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in accurately forecasting quantities of products.
- Proven business/commercial acumen.
- Experience in working across multiple and varied sources of data.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- A quick learner who can process lots of information and prioritise action.
- The ability to create and maintain relationships across internal and external teams and agencies.
- Effectively navigate and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
- Able to work independently, with the ability to identify opportunities where data analysis would benefit the wider business.
To be considered please submit your CV asap