Premises Maintenance Assistant
Salary: £19,000 per annum
Hours of work: 37.5 hours between 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday
Dynamite Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Maintenance Assistant for a business based in Portsmouth. This position is based on a 6-month fixed term contract however there is a possibility of this extending after.
This position is to start in January
- Support the Premises Team Leader by ensuring the building and surrounding grounds are kept in excellent condition.
- Deal with the day to day maintenance and undertake minor repairs.
- Schedule and manage external contractors to complete major repairs.
- Ensure contractors and signed in and compliant when they visit the premises.
- Control the premises heating, cooling and ventilation requirements when necessary.
- Cover the reception desk and meet with contractors when needed.
- Create visitors passes when necessary and complete adhoc reporting.
- Undertake the role of the Fire Officer if ever in the event of a fire or other emergency.
- Adhere to and enforce the company's Health and Safety guidelines at all times.
The ideal Maintenance Assistant will:
- Have previous experience working as a Handyman, Maintenance Man or Premises Technician is essential.
- Be able to carry out a variety of maintenance tasks such as painting, plumbing and cleaning jobs.
- Be PC literate and competent using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Be confident in completing adhoc reception duties.
- Have a full driving license.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity then please submit your CV and then make contact with Abby at Dynamite Recruitment.
Key words: maintenance man, maintenance, caretaker, handyman, premises, premises technician, Portsmouth, plumbing, painting
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.