£25,000 - £28,000
Dynamite Recruitment are pleased to be recruiting for our client based in Southampton for an experienced Logistics Coordinator. You will undertake all forwarding tasks for both import and export. You will promote the department in such a way to increase business, reputation and revenue. To support all other department members as and when required.
The role will interact with Internal departments within the Ocean import & sales team, HMRC, Haulage companies and other service providers.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To sell the functions of the department to increase number of jobs and revenue.
- Prepare and deliver accurate and competitive quotations in a timely manner to both import and export customers.
- Produce and update spreadsheets and databases to accurately record information for import and export shipments.
- Update financial information when funds have been received ensuring accurate cross referencing between cash-in and spreadsheets.
- To complete all types of import and export entries for ourselves and on behalf of other agents, ensuring customers are kept up to date with HMRC procedures.
- Liaise with customers to ensure import and export bookings are kept up together and notifications are sent out in good time in order for transport to be planned.
- Issue Notice of Arrivals for inbound cargo as necessary
- Assist with customs check for main manufacturers to ensure only customs cleared cargo ships.
- Raise sales invoices for import and export customers.
- Authorise expensed invoices.
- Authorise the release of cargo when withdrawn from a customs regime
- Handle telephone queries as required
- Assist customers at the reception desk.
- General office administration duties.
- Provide holiday cover within the Forwarding Department as and when required.
- Assist in other areas of department activities within skills level as and when required.
- Assist in other areas of the wider business as reasonably required and within skills level.
- Act as an ambassador for the business at all times by acting as mentor/guide and setting a good example to others.
- Time Management – Prioritising tasks to meet deadlines
- Networking – Knowing who to contact for any specific issues
- Ability to deal with customers both face-to-face and over the telephone in a professional and confident manner
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team work – Working within and across various teams
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to use initiative to make improvements
- Be self-motivated with an enthusiastic and positive approach to work, with a strong desire to succeed
- Achieving results and meeting targets
- Display flexibility to meet changing priorities and business needs
- Ability to understand, accept and enjoy cultural differences
- Some knowledge of HMRC best practices for import and export
- Full Clean Driving License