Legal Services Manager
7-10 month maternity contract
£40,000 pro rata
Dynamite Recruitment's large financial services client are looking to recruit an experienced Legal Services Manager. you will be tasked with leading a team of legal assistants in the management of in-house legal cases along with varied claims including; Return of Goods, Charging Orders, Attachment of Earnings, Bankruptcies, innocent purchasers and defended matters (Smalls Claims / Fast track / Multi Track) and other bespoke matters.
We are looking for somebody with communications and leaderships skills as this role requires you to, assign and oversee the workloads of the whole team, setting KPI's, conducting 121's and ensuring quality standards befitting an FCA regulated business.
- Managing a team of Legal Assistants and Senior Legal Assistants in the management of in-house legal cases and Money Claims, with the more complex cases or out of jurisdiction cases being passed to external practices
- Compiling several reports in relation to cases referred to and actioned by the Customer Operations Legal team
- Attending, chairing and taking minutes at high-level management meetings on a regular basis and bringing the relevant information to them
- Liaising with external agencies, solicitors, and internal senior management
- Allocating new cases received to individual team members dependent on their skills and experience
- Performance management of staff where necessary, identifying training needs and co-coordinating team annual leave
- Always ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with the companies published policies and procedures
- Previous Management experience within a Civil Litigation environment
- Experience of Case management systems
- A very high level of accuracy combined with an excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft packages
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Confidence on the telephone with difficult customers and a variety of different agencies, courts solicitors and management within the PFG Group
- Experience in handling defended debt recovery matters including but not limited to Money Claims, Return of Goods, Innocent Purchaser claims and Bankruptcies
- Law degree or equivalent level of qualification or experience
- Experience of court procedure regarding civil claims. Defended money claim, return of goods, bankruptcies and innocent purchasers
- In depth knowledge of Data Protection requirements
- Previous experience working in an FCA regulated environment
- Experience of working for a Non-standard/specialist lender
- Understanding of Data protection, Anti Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Corruption requirements.
- Knowledge of the Scottish legal system in relation to Return of Goods and Money Claims
To be considered for this opportunity please send your CV through ASAP.
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.