IT Support / 1st Line Support
This is a temporary position for 3 months with a possible opportunity to continue thereafter
Start date: Immediate
Salary: £17000 - £22000 pro rata
Hours of work: You will work 37.5 hours a week and must be flexible to work between the hours of 8am and 8pm on a rota basis
Dynamite Recruitment is working in partnership with a very well established business based in Hampshire who are growing considerably, as a result they are looking to recruit someone to support within IT Helpdesk /1st Line Support
As a result of the growth our client is now looking to recruit a Junior IT Helpdesk / 1st Line Support to join the business for 3 months initially.
Reporting to the IT Helpdesk Team Leader, the IT Helpdesk Technician will provide line IT technical support of the company's software, desktop, server and network infrastructure via the IT ticket system.
You will have strong and demonstrable experience of providing support within a helpdesk environment with experience of MS Office and Microsoft operating systems and server side exposure.
You will also need to have strong customer service skills, be pro-active, articulate and be able to demonstrate logical problem solving skills.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Work with the business and support the end user community
- Develop and maintain support documentation in order to allow for self-fix and to build a library of fixes for use by other IT team members.
- Stay current with latest technologies to ensure systems are configured and built conforming to the latest standards
- Communicate technical matters to non-technical people.
- Problem solving and diagnosis of systems issues
- Shares information with other team members, maintains formally documented systems others can easily and logically access and use.
- Supporting Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems. Windows up to and including 10.
- Supporting and using Microsoft Office up to and including 2016
- Managing personal workload and setting priorities for support issues
- Configuration and set-up of users on the AD and Microsoft Exchange along with other business systems
- Set-up of new equipment such a PC's and Printers etc.
- Server administration to include assisting with updates, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of faults
- Exchange administration
- Demonstrable customer service experience in face to face environments
- Must having experience in supporting end users, with a mainly Microsoft based infrastructure
- Providing high levels of service and able to evidence this along with balancing priorities
- End user control and policy management
- MCSE specialist certifications in desktop and operating system technologies or equivalent experience
- Experience in supporting Microsoft office
- Hands on Knowledge of Microsoft server administration including active directory and Exchange.
- Knowledge and management of backup solutions
- Customer focused with an ability to handle difficult and demanding customers
- Printer configuration and support
- Experience of setting up smart phones
- Experience of VOIP solutions would be desirable but not essential
To be considered please submit your CV immediately - please note we require an immediate start
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.