Insurance Claims Handler
|Job Title:||Insurance Claims Handler|
|Location:||Chichester, West Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Dynamite Recruitment|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2018 09:49|
Claims Handler - Insurance
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.00pm
Salary: Competative dependant on experience
Plus Fantastic company benefits
Dynamite Recruitment are currently working in partnership with a very well established financial service business based in Chichester.
Our client provide a very specialist service and as a result are looking to recruit an insurance claims handler
As a Claims Handler you will be responsible for delivering a high quality professional advice service to clients regarding any claims issues; you primary task is to liaise with insurers and other interested parties to expedite the claim and effectively manage your client's expectations. You will handle claims from receipt of notification of loss through to conclusion.
Your key duties will include the following:
- To manage a port folio of client property claims
- To advise and update clients on all events and discussions during the property claim ensuring that the customer is satisfied
- Regularly assess the status of property claims with clients / insurers / recovery agents/solicitors (as applicable) and ensure that all parties are informed of progress or chased for updates as necessary.
- You will offer appropriate advice to clients throughout the duration of the claim, be encouraging, compassionate and effectively handle their expectations
- You will liaise with your Line Manager regarding any claim related issues, queries or areas of concern which may arise. Ensuring you bring to your Line Manager's attention any claims complaints (in addition to following the company's general complaints procedure)
- Identify and inform Line Manager of any claims which may generate a complaint
- Ensure market / insurance / legislation and other technical knowledge is developed and maintained to enable efficient claims handling and that Business systems are updated regularly and that data held is 100% accurate at all times, to facilitate accurate claims reporting.
- Process all claim notifications,and collections in accordance with the Claims Division's procedures
- Update insurers and recovery agents and inform of any additional information acquired during the claims process. Review insurer's, recovery agents and solicitors queries and resolve wherever possible
- Ensure that claims statistics, when required by the client, Placing Department or insurers on risk, are accurate and produced in accordance to SLAs
- Ensure all relevant inward/outward correspondence is added to each claim file in the correct order, including contemporaneous notes of any telephone conversations / meetings
The ideal candidate :
- Will need to have previous experience within insurance claims or insurance overall .
- Property claims experience who be advantageous although this is not essential
- Will be qualified to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Previous experience within the insurance industry with specific claims handling focus.
- Good customer service focus along with good planning and analytical skills.
- Identify potential risk/issues and seek advice/consultation when required. Apply due diligence and process adherence accompanied by high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and takes initiative when assisting team members.
- MS office proficiency.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- We are an equal opportunities employer
Cert CII/ Dip CII (Chartered Insurance Institute) qualification would be desirable but not essential
To be considered please submit your CV Immediately
#property claims , commercial property, insurance
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's