Industry Partnership Manager
Salary: Competitive + fantastic benefits which include the following:
- 30 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Free car parking
- Flexi time working
- Support for further training and development
- Travel season ticket loan
- On site café
Dynamite Recruitment is working with a specialist business who are based in Southampton.
Due to exciting changes within the business our client is now looking for an Industry Partnership Manager to stimulate and support the development of strategic industry partnerships and technology transfer between third parties and the business.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate level (or equivalent) degree in a relevant subject area, such as a scientific or technological discipline. Although not essential, a higher-level degree in science, technology or business would be an advantage.
The focus will be on:
- Generating collaborative opportunities with industry partners who are directly funded
- Technology transfer via licensing/spinout activity
- Generating consultancy services opportunities
- Manage a variety of projects from initial contact with researchers etc. to successful partnerships with industry and technology transfer of their ideas.
- Work with the contracts team in negotiation of licence, commercial and IP terms for technology transfer opportunities and support the formation of spinout companies.
- Responsible for the translational activity of the projects, from identifying new opportunities and evaluating those to be brought into the portfolio, to protecting, developing, marketing, managing risk and concluding commercial deals.
- Support the expansion of products and services offered by y teams including inputting into the development of new consultancy services
- Identify distinctive opportunities for such collaborations and deliver them
- Development Strategy and take ownership in delivering this activity.
- Work in partnership with the communication team to create marketing material, writing of commercial proposals and pricing of opportunities
- Support other business development activity as prioritised by the Enterprise management
- Responsible for support and coordination of translational activity along this project lifespan, which will be based on the commercial opportunity, potential economic and societal impact, and the appropriate resources required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a knowledge of marine science / maritime
- Understand competitor analysis, market positioning and market segmentation
- Understand the academic environment, particularly university funding mechanisms and technology commercialisation
- Have significant project and relationship management experience
- Understand research and product innovation and technology transfer processes
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.