HR Advisor / Human Resources
Salary: £25000 -£32000
Hours of work: Monday to Friday between 9am and 5.30pm
Dynamite Recruitment is currently working in partnership with a very well established and fast growing business based in Hampshire and due to developments internally our client is now looking to expand their recruitment and HR team and recruit a HR advisor immediately
You will play an integral part in supporting the business to ensure high quality professional advice, guidance and support is provided to directors, managers and staff in relation to a range of HR and ER issues in line with organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements.
You will demonstrate commercial focus and resolution to challenging and unprecedented cases with reference to legislation, case law and personal experience. You will set an exemplary standard of professionalism and develop great business insight.
- Be the first point of contact for operational managers and line management in relation to a range of ER related issues to include conduct and capability, disciplinaries, grievances, dismissals, performance management, absence, change management and maternity and paternity. Give practical and commercial advice, ensuring legislation, policy and best practice is followed.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative and productive relationships with service areas and operational managers, establishing professional credibility.
- Manage ER cases timeously and effectively from beginning to resolution.
- Educate and support supervisors and managers in carrying out investigations in relation to conduct and performance issues.
- Educate, coach and support managers on all aspects of disciplinary and grievance casework (up to and including dismissal). Work with line managers to ensure they are clear on how to conduct meetings, including advice on meeting preparation.
- Attend ER meetings with managers where appropriate, to guide, note take and give advice.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers on the appropriate completion of documentation for disciplinary issues to include file notes, meeting notes and investigation packs.
- Write clear, fluent, grammatically accurate and concisely written letters to employees on behalf of management to support ER case management.
- Advise and assist with change management activities and issues including organisational and contract restructures, redundancy and redeployment. Support managers in employee consultation meetings.
- Advise and assist with TUPE acquisitions and losses, including employee consultations and associated measures.
- Advise Directors on complex ER matters including settlement agreements.
- Support with Tribunal claims and Tribunal documentation.
- Assist the management team on short term and long-term absence including monitoring processes and techniques as required to include RTW interviews, home visits and the application of absence improvement initiatives.
- Assist the HR Administration function with safe worker checks including right to work checks and DBS checks.
- Support the L&D function by assisting in the delivery of development workshops in areas of HR best practice and soft skill development to enhance knowledge and skills within the organisation.
- Assist in recruitment for specified business areas as required.
- Prepare and issue of appropriate contractual documentation in relation to appointments of salaried staff.
The ideal candidate will have/ be
- A sound educational background is required.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification desirable.
- CIPD qualification desirable.
- Sound administration experience.
- Good working knowledge and significant experience in advising on a full range of HR practices and employment law issues is essential (Disciplinaries, Grievances, Recruitment, Absence Management, Change Management etc).
- Extensive experience of disciplinary/grievance and capability/performance processes.
- Good knowledge of current employment legislation is essential.
- A competent user of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel is essential.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Experience of managing and delivering project work.
- Confident at making decisions and advising on ER issues.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to draft clear, fluent, grammatically accurate and concise written correspondence.
- Will thrive under pressure.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Well organised and shows initiative.
- Confidence in communicating with all levels of the business.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Able to work flexibly and remain calm and effective when juggling conflicting priorities.
- The ability to deal discreetly with matters of a confidential nature.
- The ability to be both commercial and compliant.
- The ability to diffuse conflict and facilitate meetings to get a win/win outcome.
- Be experienced in building strong, trusted relationships across the business function including key stakeholders
- Have the ability to coach and develop employees as well as collaborate well within a team.
- Able to present a professional image at all times.
To be considered for this position please submit your CV Immediately
Key words: HR, Human Resources, ER, employee relations
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.