Salary - £23,000 - £26,500 per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
Plus fantastic benefits which will include :
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (increases with service)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Individual BUPA cover after completion of probationary period
- Free car parking
Hours of work :8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. (Please note, a lot of our meetings with operatives are undertaken at the beginning and end of the day, so there is definitely no leeway in these hours).
Dynamite recruitment is working in partnership with a very well established business who are based in Portsmouth
Due to exciting growth plans out client is looking to recruit a HR Administrator to join the business
As a HR administrator you will be responsible for :
- Supporting the HR Manage with recruitment activities - assisting with exit interviews, updating current vacancies, logging/progressing applications, shortlisting and arranging interviews, preparing documentation for interviews, assisting with interviews, generating contracts, preparing induction packs and conducting HR section of induction programme when required.
- Oversee the DBS checks process, ensuring they are received in a timely manner for all relevant personnel.
- Assist with the collation and administration of the monthly payroll, including checking the system against absence and holiday records, ensuring accuracy of overtime and data
- Maintain HR records, including ensuring all documentation is received from employees and processed in an accurate and timely manner and correctly filed/scanned.
- Maintain Absence records and assist with ‘Return to Work’ Meetings and Capability cases, including assisting with the collation of information, minute-taking at meetings, and issuing of paperwork.
- Assist with the administration of occupational health appointments including collating information for referral forms, advising employees of appointments and logging of health information.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to the HR team, including specific responsibility for drafting leaver’s information and reference letters responses.
- Assist with vehicle tracker checks to ensure employers are following the procedures outlined in the Drivers Policy.
- Assist with the administration of information required to ensure employees are qualified/fit to drive Company vehicles, for P11D/insurance purposes and with regard to reclaiming of any monies due from employees when Company vehicles are damaged.
- Assist with investigation meetings and disciplinary and grievance cases, including helping with the collation of meeting agendas, minute taking and issuing of letters/paperwork.
- Assist with the provision of advice to managers and employees regarding terms and conditions of employment and the operation of HR policies and procedures.
- Ad hoc HR project work as and when required and participate in the implementation of processes and procedures.
- Note taking in disciplinary meetings
Skills and Experience :
This position requires someone who is a really strong, accurate administrator, with the ability to question what they are doing in a professional manner
Currently much of the HR data is still held on excel spreadsheets and so we require someone who is advanced at using Microsoft Excel. This also means that the ideal candidate needs to be organised, logical and methodical. We are also looking for someone who is very discreet & confidential, with common sense/life experience.
You will need previous HR experience (e.g., PA with HR responsibilities or HR Administrator) and have good people skills.
Ideally you will have previous experience of undertaking recruitment interviews and induction training, as well as having the ability to undertake Return to Work meetings in the absence of managers and provide assistance at careers and apprenticeship events.
You will also have/ Be:
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competent with Microsoft Office, in particular strong excel skills (including setting up spreadsheets, use of formulas, pivot tables etc)
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Demonstrate discreteness and a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and juggle a varied and busy workload