Health and Safety Officer
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
Salary: Depending on Experience
Dynamite Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Health and Safety Officer for our manufacturing client based in Gosport.
You will predominately be based in Gosport, however will occasionally be required to travel to various locations across Hampshire.
As the Health and Safety Officer you will be accountable for ensuring all Health and Safety requirements are met in line with the Safety at Work Act and company policy.
- Undertake audits internally to ensure all H&S processes are compliant with current Health and Safety legislation ISO45001 and ISO14001.
- Review and write up internal HS&E policies/strategies, make necessary changes to existing policies and enforce these across the business.
- Complete risk assessments and inspections to establish ways of reducing risks and cost-effective solutions.
- Report any incidents that fall under RIDDOR to senior management and liaise with HS&E authorities.
- Identify potential hazards and maintain a register of HS&E occurrences.
- Conduct and attend all HS&E meetings then agree, release and action all actions effectively.
- Ensure all risk assessments and audits completed are compliant and kept on the database.
- Manage and conduct health and safety training.
The ideal Health and Safety Officer will:
- Must have their IOSH, ISO45001 and ISO14001 qualifications.
- Must have experience dealing with authorities regarding HS&E.
- Will need to have worked within some sort of manufacturing environment.
- Be experienced in Health and Safety environmental procedures and have had some form of risk assessment training.
- Be PC literate and be confident in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint and Word.
- Possess a full UK driving license.
To be considered for this exclusive opportunity, please submit your CV and then contact Amy at Dynamite Recruitment.
Key words: health and safety, HS&E, HSE, health, safety and environment, ISO14001, ISO45001, IOSH, Gosport, risk assessments, compliance, RIDDOR, internal auditing, audits
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.