Head of Legal
Location : Southampton
Hours of work: Monday to Friday - flexi time working policy
Salary : £48,000 - £52,000 pa
- 30 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Free car parking
- Flexi time working which can bring your annual leave up to 44 days a year
- Support for further training and development
- Travel season ticket loan
- On site cafe
- Relocation packages
Dynamite Recruitment's client, one of the top five institutions of its kind in the world, are seeking a Head of Legal to join their stunning offices in Southampton and develop and deliver an excellent legal strategy and operational framework.
The successful candidate will:
- Be legally qualified with proven industry experience
- Have experience of working effectively with senior management within either the public sector, third sector, higher education, or in a corporate legal role
Duties include but not limited to:
- Lead the provision of all types of legal advice in order to give the Directors assurance that there is effective management of all legal and contracting issues.
- Have oversight of the end to end commercial and research contracting process, from supply chain to customer contracting.
- Responsible for developing the overall strategy and leadership for all legal activities across the business, including governance, risk, compliance and assurance.
- Play a critical role in the provision of advice on Intellectual Property matters; including managing and protecting the IP portfolio and commercialisation opportunities.
- Developing and establishing, the overall legal liabilities within a well-documented and controlled risk assurance and insurance framework. This will include management of the compliance team who deal with Data Protection and FOI.
- As an experienced leader, you will be proficient at building effective teams with a proven track record of developing individuals and teams to their full potential
If you feel like this is the position for you, and would like to be considered please send through your CV ASAP.
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.