Head of Business -
This role requires an experienced strategist, goal orientated, an achiever with excellent communication skills, strong contacts and hands on experience in managing teams. The post holder is at the forefront of ensuring that Employed and Self-Employed Financial Advisors (RIs) remain competent for the roles they are performing, and for developing this competence, thereby effectively managing risks to the business. As such, the results should be highly visible.
The appointed individual will develop close working relationships at all levels with all employees, the Practice Manager and Financial Advisors of the firm as they will be the line manager to the Employed RIs and will be required to support business development using the firms advisor business development guide. They will need to promote good practice of Compliance and T&C throughout the firm, along with the practices of good ethics and "treating customers fairly".
To provide effective monitoring, control and administration of the firms T&C policies & procedures and training/CPD programmes to support the adherence of Financial Advisors and Line Management, while reporting shortcomings through the appropriate reporting lines.
6. Provide appropriate supervision to approved employees.
7. Provide support and training (including Induction) and HR administration to employed staff and Financial Advisors of the firm through the firm's policies and procedures.
8. Running the training and competence (T&C) programmes ensuring that competence failings or remedial action is recorded on the individual advisor's development plans and addressed with them; maintaining sales standards and writing/updating procedures for the business.
9. To undertake client post-sale file check and provide 1:1 coaching or group presentations, on identified or perceived areas of risk and/or weaknesses in knowledge or application skills, or in areas that the individual is developing into.
10. To be the first point of call for Financial Advisors on training, policies and procedures. And to visit Financial Advisors as required to maintain the appropriate standards within the business.
11. Identify the suitability of the advice given by the Adviser and recommend and deliver remedial action for their development in conjunction with the compliance officer.
12. Manage relationships with current partners, generate and present new opportunities for them to enhance the relationship and continue to grow the business.
13. Proactively identify common themes and risks across the business in terms of development areas or knowledge gaps.
14. To support the management team with regard to both regular and ad-hoc tasks as necessary.
15. Liaise and work alongside the Practice Manager to ensure continuity and consistency on standards between Advisors and Support employees with the corporate common goal on transparency and "treating customers fairly" ethos the business operates to.
Experience (voluntary or paid)
* Suitable for an experienced individual holding full FPC (or equivalent) with experience in financial services, preferably from an IFA background.
* The jobholder should be willing to study for higher industry exams, which will include supervisory skills and qualifications, as this is a relevant feature in the application of the role.
Strategic, commercial thinker, full of great ideas, resilient, persistent with ability to deliver multiple objectives
* Proven networker with own contacts and ability to tap into resources independently
* Ability to work in a high pressure environment where multi-tasking, thoroughness and prioritisation are essential
* Team player with excellent personal and interpersonal skills
* Ability to act with professionalism, objectivity and integrity at all times as well as take personal responsibility for all aspects of their role and personal development
* High attention to detail with ability to ensure that the firm maintains accurate, detailed and up to date compliance/T&C records across all areas of the business
* Natural leader and motivator with a proven track record in business development, sales and employee engagement
Please call 02392 455422
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.