£30,000 - £35,000
As the Forwarding Team Leader you will be responsible for supervising the Forwarding Department under direction from the General Manager, ensuring that the Forwarding team work effectively and efficiently together.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and organise the Forwarding Department, ensuring that work is completed to required standards
- Develop and lead the Commercial strategy for the Forwarding team.
- Proactively seek to make improvements in the day-to-day running of the Forwarding Department.
- Work as part of the Forwarding Team, taking responsibility for specific tasks but also having a good understanding of all Import and Export procedures
- Ensure that a high level of customer service is given to Forwarding customers, internally and externally.
- Encourage Employee Development and Training, ensuring that all Forwarding employees have the required competencies to fulfil their role.
- Carry out Personnel Administration (e.g. holiday authorisation, dealing with minor employee issues, involvement in Performance Review process)
- Ensure employee-related Company Policies and Processes are adhered to within the Team.
- Any other Forwarding-related duties which may be requested from time to time by Line Manager.
- Assist in other areas of department activities within skills level as and when required.
- Assist in other areas of the wider business as reasonably required and within skills level.
- Comply with the requirements of The Health & Safety etc Act 1974, Company Health & Safety Statement of Intent, Policy & Directive at all times. This includes the requirements for PPE and uniforms.
- Delivering on the Forwarding departments KPI’s as well as those KPI’s contractually agreed with customers
- P&L responsibility for the Forwarding revenue and cost budget
- Understanding and delivering on the requirements of GDPR legislation
- Legal compliance within the department’s activities
Skills and Competence
- Ability to organise work of self and others
- Achieving results and meeting targets
- Ability to make confident decisions at the appropriate level of authority
- Working under pressure
- Display flexibility to meet changing priorities and business needs.
- Ability to understand, accept and enjoy cultural differences.
- Knowledge of Forwarding procedures
- Be open to self-development to improve leadership skills and knowledge of Import/Export procedures