£40,000 - £50,000, Depending on Experience
Full Time, Permanent Role
Dynamite Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Financial Controller to join one of our top clients based in Portsmouth. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to set up and run the accounts function within a thriving business.
- Management of the month-end financial reporting process to ensure management accounts are produced in a timely manner and all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Management of transaction duties, including; purchase ledger, sales ledger, payments and banking
- Production of consolidated financial statements including the detailed monthly management accounts and associated financial reports for the company
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts and review monthly cash forecasts setting out key assumptions, sensitivities and commentary on variances to previous forecasts; Developing reports and analyses that are crucial to the management of the business
- Introducing an annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Responsible for Insurance policies. To assess and mitigate commercial and insurance risks and to be the key point of contact with the brokers
- Providing variance analysis and reporting to the board
- Monitor the business' cash flow and working capital requirements
- Streamline the current Processes and Procedures and implement new reporting systems
- Prepare company VAT Returns on a quarterly basis
- Manage the monthly cost reporting process and drive through cost accountability (including supplier reviews and the production of business cases when required)
- Operational Excellence in developing and driving the management reporting and designing a dashboard of KPI reports on production, purchasing, transport, sales and gross profit margins by customers in line with strategic targets
- Business Partner the management team on operational issues and take an active role ,local operational meetings on business and financial matters; to identify, evaluate and propose productivity and performance improvements for the business
- Monitoring spend and advising managers when appropriate in relation to overheads
- Be part of the team to implement a fully integrated management information system to improve efficiency
- Manage and maintain external stakeholder relationships with auditors, banks and tax authorities ensuring timely submissions of external reporting
- Initiatives and Ad hoc projects - working with the Managing Director on strategic and commercial initiatives across the company
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Construction/engineering background would be desirable
- Experience of implementation and process improvement
- Computer literate on Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Strong work ethic and communicator on all levels of the business
Please contact Leanne Storey at Dynamite Recruitment for more details or apply now!!!!
Finance Manager Financial Controller ACA ACCA CIMA Company Accountant Finance Director
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.