Duration: This is a temporary position with no end date. There is a possibility that this could lead to a permanent opportunity although this can’t be guaranteed
Hours of work: Monday to Friday core working hours
Salary: £12.00 per hour
Dynamite Recruitment is proud to be working in partnership with a very well-established business who have multiple sites up and down the country
Due to some internal changes an opportunity has become available for a temporary facilities technician at their Eastleigh Offices.
As a Facilities Technician you will be responsible for supporting the Facilities Department in maintaining the site
Main Responsibilities as Facilities Technician - Building Maintenance are as follows:
- Working as part of a team delivering to a high standard in a busy office environment to maintained staff welfare.
- Carrying out weekly and monthly checks including Plant inspection, lighting checks, water hygiene & fire alarm call point tests.
- General building Repairs will be expected, including Leaking Taps, Light bulb/ballast changing, Carpet tiles, painting & adjusting door closers and hinges etc. The right person will be able to diagnose faults, provide first line repair or call-in relevant contractors.
- Office moves, meeting room and training room setups will be commonplace.
- Managing Contractors working on site: Able to understand the extent of work, manage their safe working practices with work permits & RAMS etc. Raise document worksheets and record for audit purposes.
- Emergency call out (1 week in 4)
- Skilled to carry out maintenance tasks over a wide spectrum including plumbing, carpentry, Basic electrical (depending on qualifications and experience) carpet laying, painting & decorating and specialist cleaning jobs.
- Must be physically able to handle heavy furniture and equipment for which full manual handling training will be given.
- An appreciation of current Health and Safety law and regulation applicable to areas within their responsibility acquired through Safe Systems of Work (Permit to Work) and IOSH training.
- Minimum of two years trades experience.
- Ideally Building Management (BMS) Software trained.- desirable not essential
Customer Excellence: You will be required to deliver services to customers at all levels in the business and to
interact with contractors and visitors. You will require good communication skills, both written and verbal.
A full driving licence is required and be available immediately
To be considered please submit your CV Immediately