Department Manager- Lettings Administration.
Permanent- Full time
£25,000 - £35,000 PA (Dependent upon experience)
Our client is one of the leading independent estate agents, serving Portsmouth and the surrounding area for over 30 years. They now compete at the highest levels offering extensive experience in residential sales and lettings, commercial sales and lettings, land and new homes, property development, block management and financial services.
On behalf of our client we are seeking a Department Manager for their lettings/ property management administration team.
This role is based in Portsmouth and is a fantastic opportunity for any Property Manager or Lettings Manager that wants to move over to the back-office side of estate agency within management role.
Responsibilities will include:
Managing the Lettings and Property Management admin team across all branches, you will be responsible for the entire back office remit. Driving success within the department at all times and ensuring the smooth running and success of the back-office administration department.
Managing your team to;
- Deal with telephone and email enquiries from prospective tenants.
- Qualify/ vet prospective tenants by collecting references and carry out credit checks.
- Complete tenant application process in accordance with company policy.
- Draw up tenancy agreements, section 21's, landlord agreements, etc.
- Ensure all sign-ups are dealt with effectively and explanation are provided to tenants and landlords when necessary.
- Manage and Co-ordinate Move INS (AST, Guarantor agreements, Keys, deposit protection, etc.) with tenants and landlords.
- Process payments and issue invoices (deposits + first month's rent etc.) and ensure all fees are recorded on our software.
- Ensure the landlords receive all information (i.e. tenancy agreements, rent payments etc.)
- Paying utility bills on behalf of the landlord and maintain utility payment tracker system.
- Work with the negotiator to ensure tenants are notified of viewings, viewings are carried out to company standard- block viewings etc. confirming viewings, diary management, keys available for properties available.
- Chase outstanding invoices for tenants and landlords.
- Coordinate check outs, unprotect and return deposit. Inform utility companies of change of tenants.
- Ensuring the team adhere to all policies, procedures and deadlines.
Our client is looking for a charismatic, confident and influential leader to provide second to none management of the administration side of the business
You must be positive, hardworking and motivational. With fantastic administration skills, organisation skills and a background within estate agency.
The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritising and providing outstanding leadership within customer service. The role requires:
- Excellent communication and telephone skills
- Leadership/ people management skills
- Good business mind
- Outstanding Customer Service skills
- Knowledge of MS Office and office management software. (CFP Software training will be provided
- Excellent organisational skills.
Monday - Thursday 8:45am - 6:00pm
The Location: Portsmouth (Travel to various local branches will be required.)
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.