DP & AML Co-ordinator
Hours of Work: Core working hours
Salary: £30K - £32K
Dynamite Recruitment is currently working in partnership with a very well-established and fast growing business based in Hampshire and due to expansion within the business, our client is looking to recruit a
As the Data Protection Coordinator you will maintain awareness of the data protection and AML regulations, monitor and assess the compliance of the business provide advice and develop policy and processes.
- Supporting the activities of the DPO as required and using expertise in the Data Protection regulations to deal with technical queries from customers, senior managers and third parties.
- Providing expert advice on GDPR and its implementation across the business.
- Supporting the activities of the AMLRO as required and drafting the annual AML report.
- Maintaining an awareness of the Data Protection and AML regulations, published guidance and best practices on how these regulations are interpreted by regulators and applied by business.
- Supporting monitoring processes in the business related to Data Protection and AML regulations and assessing the compliance of the business with the regulations.
- Identifying and implementing on a timely basis any changes to policies, procedures and controls required to meet revisions to the Data Protection and AML regulations or to improve compliance with these regulations.
- Engaging with stakeholders to understand business practices and requirements, and to assess current policies and processes.
- Advising the business / function on Data Protection and AML regulations, and how these can be incorporated into policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance.
- Day to day responsibility for carrying out AML checks and processing Suspicious Activity Reports, ensuring that the controls for these are sufficient.
- Monitoring adherence to the PFG group policy on Data Protection and AML.
- Guiding and supporting any junior colleagues on Data Protection and AML related matters.
- Contributing to the wider Risk and Compliance team and represent it on key change programs.
The ideal candidate:
- Able to demonstrate good interpretative and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to take an objective view when providing advice.
- Experience required in the provision of expert advice and the compliance assessment of Data Protection and AML regulations across the business.
- Preferably educated to degree level or holds an equivalent professional qualification (gained by examination or experience).
- A sound understanding of the Data Protection legislation, ICO guidance and GDPR requirements; as well as the requirements of Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG guidance; and familiar with the related requirements of the FCA and European rules.
- At least 3 years' experience providing advice for a financial services organisation on Data Protection regulations and/or in monitoring the compliance of such a business with these regulations.
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.