Location – Portsmouth
Salary – up to £25000 dependent on experience
Hours –40 hours per week
You will work on a rota basis
Week 1 = 6.30 am until 15.30pm - Monday to Friday
Week 2 = 10.00am until 19.00 - Monday to Friday
Plus you would need to be flexible to work one in every 6 weeks at a weekend for a few hours which would be paid at an overtime rate of time and a half or double time.
Dynamite recruitment is currently working in partnership with a very well-established freight forwarding company that is based in the Portsmouth area.
We are supporting our client in recruiting for a Customs Administrator / Customs Clerk position to join their ever-growing team.
The successful applicant will join a busy Import / Export department receipting, preparing, and submitting import and export declarations for sea and/or road freight.
As a Customs Administrator,Custom's Clerk you will be responsible for
- Supporting within a specialist Transport team
- Receive documents which will then be uploaded into an in-house system.
- To present high volumes of data processing to adhere to customs regulations and to meet sailing deadlines.
- To access customs websites
- Updating client’s records using the internal system
- Create customs entries.
- Scanning of documents
- Responding to e-mails professionally
- Working to SLA`s and KPI`s
- Excellent administration skills and experience
- Ideally have experience in Transport, logistics , supply chain, Import , Export , Customs although this isnt essential
- Strong freight & transport industry knowledge is preferable although not essential.
- Very good attention to detail
- Being able to work under pressure and to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Have the flexibility to work overtime throughout busy periods.
- An understanding of Custom’s would be advantageous although is not essential.