£20,000 - £22,000
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious business, you will support the current and planned growth for the business.
You will learn to be responsible for managing the Customs clearance process, handle the respective paperwork and co-ordinate between customers, suppliers and agents. You will submit import/export customs entries following & applying customs procedures as appropriate. Attention to detail is imperative as a variety of systems are used and you will be working in a fast-paced environment. Someone who takes pride in their work is a must and you must be able to be reactive to new tasks that change daily as well as being able to multi-task.
A background in Freight Forwarding would be preferable, however full training will be given.
General Duties / Responsibilities
- Liaising with agents, customers, and suppliers
- Preparation and completion of customs entries for import and export clearances
- Dealing with entry queries
- Raising quotes
- Calculation of Duty and VAT rates
- Maintaining compliance with current and evolving legislation, laws, and customs procedures inline with HMRC
Skills and Qualifications
- Conscientious with attention to detail
- A keen attitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow processes.
- Self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy, and hardworking
- Work equally well on their own and as part of a team
- Strong customer service skills