Hours: 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
Duration: This is a three month Fixed term contract
Dynamite recruitment is working in partnership with a well-established specialized business who are based in Hampshire
Due to their continued success our client is looking to recruit a complaints handler to join a specialist complaints team on a 3 month Fixed Term contract
As a Complaints handler, you will be responsible for the following:
- Respond and resolve customer complaints that are escalated from other parts of the business, in line with the company's complaints procedures and taking into account relevant regulation and legislation within strict deadlines
- Use of various mediums to investigate and gather information in relation to the specific complaints
- Develop reporting procedures and provide root cause analysis information
- Provide information to Team Leaders and Complaints Manager to create and maintain management reports to the Executive Management team and provide feedback on existing and emerging trends
- Liaise with internal departments, third parties and suppliers to obtain information to investigate a complaint thoroughly.
- Negotiation with third parties in relations to costs, repairs, and contractual obligations
- Responsible for maintaining good relationships with suppliers and brokers and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and encouraging positive outcomes for all parties involved in the complaints process.
- Calculating appropriate reduced return of advance (ROA) payments and negotiating with suppliers to reach an agreed value
- Ensure that feedback is provided to the appropriate Line Manager regarding the outcome of a complaint
- Ensure that once a complaint is closed, the account is handed back to the relevant department with full details of the resolution offered ensuring that and remedial and corrective arrangements are completed
- Accountable for own complaints from inception to final response and using own judgments to make decisions in relation to compensation for loss of use, redress and gestures of goodwill (GOGW) within company policies
- Arrange for, and follow up on, any compensation or other action offered to a customer including the provision of hire vehicles and alternative transports cost for the customer.
- Decide where customer credit files require amendments and corrections and arrange for these to be processed as part of the complaint resolution
- Compose final response letters to Complainants, outlining the details of the investigation and providing a clear and concise conclusion to include any offers made to address redress, compensation and GOGW
- Provide detailed and comprehensive case files to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) as required in respect of investigations when complaints have been escalated to them
- Responsible for referring FOS decisions to an Ombudsman in cases where we feel that the FOS Investigator decisions have not taken all details into account and in doing so taking into consideration the risk of reputational damage
- Liaising with the Legal Department to provide detailed accounts of the complaints and assisting them with relevant information for letters before action (LBA's)
- Responsible for concluding that agreements should be unwound and providing the Team Leaders with detailed evidence and information to support the Unwind decision
- Responsible for confirming when HPI markers (if appropriate) can be removed when a complaint has been concluded
- Required to keep abreast of changes in Legislation, industry changes, Manufacturer's recalls, changes in MOT regulations and any other policies that effect the complaints procedures.
The ideal person will be/ have:
- Have previous experience within complaint management and resolution
- Ability to priorities workload dependent on legislative or regulatory deadlines
- Ability to handle complex cases, where multiple parties are involved
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong customer service and telephone skills, ability to handle difficult conversations
- Negotiation skills and stakeholder management
- Active and enquiring mind
- Must demonstrate high levels of customer empathy and practical problem solving
- Will have a good understanding of Legislation that governs the business and be able to understand how this can effect a business
Desirable : Previous experience within an FCA regulated business / car Finance would be preferable although not essential
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.