Collections / Recoveries Agent
Salary: £ 21000- £22000
Hours of work: You will work 37.5 hours and need to be flexible to work shifts between 8am and 8pm.
This will work on a rota basis
Dynamite Recruitment is currently working in partnership with a very well established and fast growing business based in Hampshire and due to developments internally our client is now looking to expand their specialist Debt recovery department team and recruit a Collections / Debt recovery agent
Our client provide financial services to a specialist sector and support their customers from their initial enquiry through to the completion of their financial agreement and anything in between.
The Recoveries department is responsible for managing the recovery of outstanding balances from post-default customers. Reporting to the Recoveries Manager you will be responsible for; tailoring, negotiating and maintaining payment plans; taking card payments and arranging direct debits; and responding to customer queries in a timely manner. Critical to this role is the ability to maintain a consistent and fair approach with all Customers to achieve the best possible results for their circumstances.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Attempt to contact customers through the use of telephone, letter and email
- Collecting payment of the full outstanding balance or to negotiate an affordable payment plan based on each customer financial circumstances in a target driven environment
- Manage agreed payment plans to ensure that they are performing
- Negotiate settlements within the agreed criteria
- Taking debit card payments and promoting the use of Direct Debit payments
- Recognising, recording and deal with queries and complaints regarding customer accounts
- To ensure all information is accurately recorded on customer accounts
- Other departmental work as required including cross team working
- To ensure a high level of customer service is maintained and each customer is treated fairly in line with the TCF principles
- Review accounts and where necessary refer accounts to Litigation to pursue the most appropriate enforcement further
- To ensure that the collection of payments from customers is conducted in a timely manner and adhering to the company's collection procedures
- To ensure that all communications with the customer are in line with our responsibilities under the appropriate and current legislation
- The ideal candidate
- Will have previous experience of working within debt recovery , collections or credit control (consumer based previously
- Will have good organizational skills
- Will have good negotiation skills
- Will have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Will have good administration skills
To be considered for the position please submit your CV Immediately
Key words: Debt, recoveries, financial, FCA, collections, Credit control
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.