Buyer / Purchaser
Location : Fareham , Segesnworth, Whiteley
Hours of work : Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm - 37.5 hours per week
Salary : £25000 - £26000
Dynamite Recruitment Is proud to be working in partnership with a highly specialist manufacturing business based in Hampshire.
Due to growth our client are looking to recruit a skilled and experienced Buyer / Purchaser to work within their purchasing team
The areas of responsibility of the Purchaser are as follows :
- Under the responsibility of the EMEA Cluster Purchasing Manager, the main missions of the position are for Manufacturing Expenses:
- To contribute to the application of the corporate strategy by the local organization.
- To contribute to the optimization of the local sourcing in term of cost and quality (suppliers portfolio optimization)
- To contribute to secure deliveries by choosing reliable suppliers and developing multi sourcing
- To manage and launch RFQ / RFP and RFI to bench market the clients positon and develop new supplier in order to remain competitive.
- To ensure part of the administrative processes of Purchase Orders for manufacturing Non BOM items
Optimization of the local sourcing:
- The Purchaser has to contribute to the optimization of the local sourcing. To do this under the authority of the EMEA Cluster Purchasing Manager you will:
- Contribute to the management of the EMEA Cluster suppliers portfolio for the main segments and spending
- Indirect Manufacturing Purchasing
- EMEA Cluster purchasing
- Contribute to the contractual relationship with main local and strategic local suppliers
- Apply the company Purchasing Rules and Processes (supplier selection processes, RFI, RFQ…)
- Contribute to the purchasing objectives achievement (savings increase, cost avoidance, spending reduction) for the indirect commodities within the EMEA Cluster.
As a purchaser you will be measured on the following
- The Purchaser is measured on
- The level of savings done regarding its scope (local and corporate savings)
- The cost avoidance achieved
- The reduction of the spending on indirect
- The application of the corporate strategy
- The deployment of specific projects (new raw material qualification, new supplier deployment…)
The ideal candidate will have / be
* Graduate from University or /and 2 to 3 years minimum of purchasing experience: supplier's portfolio management, contracts negotiation, demonstrated achievements in a Purchasing job
* Good communication and negotiation skills
* Must have a manufacturing background ideally within purchasing
To be considered please submit your CV Immediately
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.