Buyer - Automotive
Location: Eastleigh - Some international travel (around 4-5 weeks a year at most), predominantly to China, India and Europe.
Position : Permanent
Hours of work : Mon - Fri / 08:30 - 17:00 1 hour for lunch (Flexibility is required)
Salary: Up to £35,000
Dynamite Recruitment are working alongside a market leader in their field in the recruitment of a Buyer. Due to product development and expansion for 2019 an additional Buyer is required to join the growing Automotive team.
Buying experience is not necessary, however we do require someone who has solid history in the automotive industry with extensive product knowledge as you will be involved with writing manuals and packaging design.
You must demonstrate the aptitude and skill to learn the buying aspect of the position if you do not have the buying experience.
As a Buyer you will be responsible for the following :
- Identify, source and deliver both individual new products and new product ranges.
- Identify new manufacturing opportunities and supply chain improvements. This will require a level of global travel to visit the factories and attendance at international trade fairs and end-user shows in the UK.
- Ensuring the ongoing requirements of the business regarding; item and range quality, cost price, sales benefits and features, item profitability and stock availability are met
- Input into the design of product packaging and proofing of marketing and sales materials whilst adhering to the Corporate Brand Guidelines.
- Liaise with both internal departments and an extensive external global supplier base.
- Take time to understand automotive mechanical terminology and applications of the actual products.
The successful candidate will have the following :
- An Automotive background (technician / engineer) or have a healthy practical interest in vehicle mechanics.
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Hold an automotive technical qualification/apprenticeship
- CIPS qualifications advantageous
- Focused and motivated
- Excellent, proven negotiation skills
- Methodical and organised
- Good IT skills, proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office 365 suite of programmes
- Flexible, open to change
To be considered for this position please submit your CV immediately
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.