Assistant Management Accountant
£24-28k, Depending on Experience
Full Time, Permanent Position!
Dynamite Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant to join one of our top clients based in Portsmouth. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to become part of a supportive and growing team.
The main purpose of the Assistant Management Accountant will be to support the Management Accountant with daily Finance tasks.
- Support the management accountant to prepare monthly management accounts
- Analyse sales and costs and create accruals and prepayments for Gross Margin, Direct and indirect overheads
- Assist the Management accountant with monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure corrective journals are posted before following month end cut off
- Prepare and distribute the monthly trading report
- Prepare supporting KPI data - Debtor and creditor days and annualised sales
- Manage the daily bank reconciliation to ensure all bank balances agree to Accounting system and post all cash receipts and payments
- Transfer funds to Company Group Holding as requested by the Finance Director
- Provide the Directors with daily and weekly bank figures for Sterling and Euro accounts
- Create 20 week cash flow forecast for Finance Director in collaboration with the Ledger supervisor
- Ensure employees payments, PAYE, NI, Pension, CSA and HMRC payments are paid on time
- Manage and maintain fixed assets and depreciation records and ensure they tie into nominal ledger and ensure correct sign off procedure are adhered to
- Process Expenses claims and ensure issues regarding expenses are escalated within a reasonable timeframe.
- Manage petty cash and stamps and ensure the petty cash is locked away and it is reconciled at the end of the calendar month
- Provide cover for the peers in the department when they are on holiday or sick and any other duties as and when required
- Assist with coding and posting of all purchase ledger invoices including company credit cards, fuel and hotel bills
- Assist with preparing payment runs and customer queries where necessary
- Liaise with Contract Administration team and department managers to ensure invoices are approved for payment
- Assist with managing the Finance & Expenses inbox
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience within a similar position
- Experience using Navision/ERP system (desirable)
- Ideally AAT qualified and/or studying towards ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Good verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Intermediate Excel skills
Please contact Leanne Storey at Dynamite Recruitment for more details or apply now!!!!
Assistant Management Accountant Management Accounts ACCA CIMA ACA
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.