Hours: 8.30am & 5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £22,000 - £30,000 P/A dependent on experience
Please note: the company is relocating from Chichester to Segensworth in early 2020!!
Dynamite Recruitment is recruiting for a Assistant Buyer to join a business who is developing a culture where every employee is tasked with competing against themselves, improving themselves and putting the customer at the centre of the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with experience of working in the FMCG or Food & Beverage industry, looking to progress within a Buying/Purchasing role.
As the Assistant Buyer, you will:
- Work closely with and support the Director of Purchasing and Global Sourcing Manager on all buying activities to achieve company strategy goals.
- Ensure the correct range of products are available to the business with the best price.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly reports in line with central purchasing guidelines.
- Manage on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships in line with company procedures.
- Proactively source suppliers and product domestically and internationally.
- Negotiate effectively and fairly with suppliers to improve the company’s profit whilst maintain a strong working relationship.
- Ensure internal departments are made aware of any stock availability issues and changes to product.
- Conduct price and range comparisons to ensure the company remains competitive.
- Manage the cost, sale, margins and range of your assigned categories.
- Attend and partake in trade shows.
The ideal Assistant Buyer will:
- Must have an understanding and knowledge of working in a Purchasing / Procurement / Buying role.
- Must have experience of working in an FMCG or food & beverage industry.
- Ideally have experience of working with duty free, import or export goods although this isn’t essential.
- Be an excellent communicator and with the confidence to negotiate with suppliers.
- Be PC literate and a team player.