|Job Title:||Assistant Buyer|
|Job Published:||February 10, 2020 17:31|
Hours: 8.30am & 5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £24,000 - £32,000 P/A dependent on experience
Please note: the company is relocating from Chichester to Segensworth in early 2020!!
Dynamite Recruitment is recruiting for a Assistant Buyer to join a business who is developing a culture where every employee is tasked with competing against themselves, improving themselves and putting the customer at the centre of the organisation.
As the Assistant Buyer, you will:
- Work closely with and support the Director of Purchasing and Global Sourcing Manager on all buying activities to achieve company strategy goals.
- Ensure the correct range of products are available to the business with the best price.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly reports in line with central purchasing guidelines.
- Manage on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships in line with company procedures.
- Proactively source suppliers and product domestically and internationally.
- Negotiate effectively and fairly with suppliers to improve the company’s profit whilst maintain a strong working relationship.
- Ensure internal departments are made aware of any stock availability issues and changes to product.
- Conduct price and range comparisons to ensure the company remains competitive.
- Manage the cost, sale, margins and range of your assigned categories.
- Attend and partake in trade shows.
- Must have an understanding and knowledge of working in a Purchasing / Procurement / Buying role.
- Must have experience of working in an FMCG or food & beverage industry.
- Ideally have experience of working with duty free, import or export goods although this isn’t essential.
- Be an excellent communicator and with the confidence to negotiate with suppliers.
- Be PC literate and a team player.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your CV and then contact Amy at Dynamite Recruitment!
Key words: purchasing, buyer, buying, purchase, suppliers, sourcing, negotiate, supply chain, pricing, procurement, stock, materials, FMCG, domestic, international
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's