Location: Eastleigh but there may some travel involved
Hours of work: 09:00am - 18:00pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £180 daily rate
Duration: This is a temporary position for up to 6 months
Dynamite Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Assistant Buyer to join one our top clients based in Eastleigh on temporary basis for 6 months. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a busy and experienced team.
As the Assistant Buyer you will work within a specialist department where you will be responsible for managing the company's spending and purchasing activities ensuring raw materials are supplied at the lowest price.
Your responsibilities as an Assistant Buyer will include:
- Developing and maintaining an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all current and future sourcing requirements. Working with the project management team to define project requirements and timeframes.
- Negotiating and raising contracts and purchase orders on behalf of the Company for the supply of requisitioned or specified materials, goods and services.
- Reviewing and understanding spend areas to identify opportunities for cost reduction projects.
- Managing, on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships in line with company procedures.
- Undertaking specific tender events for large installation projects as required.
- Ensuring the most efficient and ethical methods of purchasing administration are used during the procurement cycle, maintaining and updating Company procedures and ensuring compliance to regulations and specifications.
- Keeping abreast of supply market trends to enable the Company to plan internal projects and initiatives effectively, and to ensure purchases are consistently made at competitive unitary prices.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly reports in line with company procedures and central purchasing guidelines.
The ideal Assistant Buyer will have:
- Experience in negotiation, tenders, dealing with suppliers and raising quotations.
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office is essential, and experience of SAP will be beneficial.
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- highly persuasive inter-personal skills enabling lasting and influential relationships to be built
- Full UK clean driving license
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.