AML & Data Protection Officer
Hours of work: Monday to Friday between 9am and 5.30pm
Dynamite Recruitment is currently working in partnership with a very well established and fast growing business based in Hampshire and due to developments internally our client is now looking to expand their Risk and compliance department and recruit an AML and Data Protection Officer
Our client provides financial services to a specialist sector and support their customers from their initial enquiry through to the completion of their financial agreement and anything in between.
The role of AML & Data Protection Officer will play a vital role in ensuring that the company maintains its compliance with anti-money laundering and data protection regulations. The role is based in the Risk and Compliance department, and will support the activities of the company's AMLRO and DPO.
The individual will maintain an awareness of the AML and Data Protection regulations as well as published guidance and best practices on how these regulations are interpreted by regulators and applied by business. She/he will use their current expertise in the AML and Data Protection regulations to monitor and assess the compliance of the business, to provide advice on specific issues, to develop policy and processes, and to support the implementation of business change that is compliant.
* Supporting the activities of the AMLRO and the DPO as required, and drafting the annual AML report.
* Day to day responsibility for carrying out AML checks and processing Suspicious Activity Reports, ensuring that the controls for these are sufficient.
* Maintaining an awareness of the AML and Data Protection regulations, published guidance and best practices on how these regulations are interpreted by regulators and applied by business.
* Supporting monitoring processes in the business related to AML and Data Protection regulations and assessing the compliance of the business with the regulations.
* Identifying and implementing on a timely basis any changes to policies, procedures and controls required to meet revisions to the AML and Data Protection regulations or to improve compliance with these regulations.
* Engaging with stakeholders to understand business practices and requirements, and to assess current policies and processes.
* Advising the business / function on AML and Data Protection regulations, and how these can be incorporated into policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance.
* Monitoring adherence to the PFG group policy on AML and Data Protection.
* Guiding and supporting any junior colleagues on AML and Data Protection related matters.
* Contributing to the wider Risk and Compliance team and represent it on key change programs.
The ideal candidate will have / be able
* To demonstrate good interpretative and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to take an objective view when providing advice.
* Experience required in the provision of expert advice and the compliance assessment of AML and Data Protection across the business.
* A resilient self-starter, who is comfortable multi-tasking and happy to roll up their sleeves.
* A good communicator who breeds confidence in their recommendations.
Preferably educated to degree level or holds an equivalent professional qualification (gained by examination or experience)
A sound understanding of the Data Protection legislation and ICO guidance; as well as the requirements of Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG guidance; and familiar with the related requirements of the FCA and European rules.
Significant demonstrable experience in developing and implementing policies, procedures and controls.
Previous experience in providing advice for a financial services organisation on Anti-Money Laundering and Data Protection regulations, and/or in monitoring the compliance of such a business with these regulations.
* Understanding of Consumer Finance sector
To be considered please submit our CV immediately
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.