Admissions and Retail Manager
Location : Andover
Salary: Up to £25,000 DOE
Plus Fantastic Benefits
Hours: 9:30 - 5:45 5 days per week, you will be required to work 1 late evening per month to accommodate events and work alternative weekends.
Duration : Initially a 2-year contract with the strong possibility of a permeant contract.
Dynamite Recruitment is currently working in partnership with one of the south east Top 30 award winners within their industry. Due to internal developments our client is now looking to recruit an admissions and retail manager to join their team.
We are currently looking for a confident retail manager who will have the drive and determination to continue our outstanding track record in delighting customers. You will work in partnership with senior managers and staff across the organisation to ensure the smooth running of the admissions and retail function.
As an admissions and retail manager you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the Admissions & Retail team provide excellent customer service and a warm visitor welcome at all times with professionalism and courtesy
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations, ensuring all staff, systems and processes are operating smoothly
- Achieve or exceed sales, profitability and other key performance indicator targets
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the organisations products in order to provide customers with information, achieving additional sales and donations in a manner that reinforces a positive image and is perceived as helpful rather than pushy
- Manage shop merchandise to meet the needs of customers
- Take pride in appearance of the staff and premises, maintaining an attractive and inviting shop with excellent housekeeping standards
- Manage the Admissions and retail shop team
- Ensure the finances and cash are managed in accordance with audit and security requirements and best practice
- Management of the online store and web shop
- Within the not for profit shop, ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation
- Stay abreast with, deploy, maintain and master technology
- Develop the not for profit team and to contribute to the overall teamwork participating as a member of the Management Team and working closely with the park, catering and events staff
- Attend trade shows, conferences, seminars and exhibitions as necessary
- Any other duties which are relevant to the role
The Ideal Candidate will be/will have
- Substantial retail management experience working in a similar retail operation, a track record of success in growing sales
- Experienced in merchandising, including sourcing stock, selecting suppliers, negotiating prices, visual merchandising and displays, and managing stock levels to suit the seasons
- Tenacious, enthusiastic and committed to delivering a consistently high standard of customer service, through effective staff management and leading by example.
- Able to deal with rare customer complaints or problems and resolve them positively
- Financial acumen for developing budgets and plans and monitoring results
- Professional appearance and impression, excellent communication and ambassadorial skills at all levels and across all forms with a commitment for what you do!
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills and ability to cope with competing demands
- Supervisory skills, preferably including volunteer management as well as staff management
- Initiative to cope with the unexpected and willingness to pitch in and help where necessary
- Ability to work under pressure and with conflicting priorities
- Excellent IT and technical skills including EPOS, online sales, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Team player as well as team leader
- Unimpeachable integrity and trustworthiness. Able to balance a warm welcome with security
- Committed to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practise
- Awareness of Gift Aid desirable although not essential
To be considered for this position please submit your CV immediately or Call Nicole at Dynamite Recruitment on 02392 455422
Retail Manager, Admission Manager, Customer service manager, Merchandising , Gift Aid, Team Leader,
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.