Up to £27,500k, Depending on Experience
Full Time, Permanent Role
Dynamite Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Accounts Semi-Senior to join one of our top Chartered Accountancy Practice's based in Southampton. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a thriving and professional business.
Training and an excellent benefit package will be available to the successful candidate.
- Maintain good client relationships
- Be able to prepare in respect of a client's accounts bank reconciliations, control accounts, analysis of income and expenditure and bring all of these together on a trial balance
- Preparation of draft statutory accounts to an acceptable standard for these to be able to be sent to clients
- Assist with the planning of audit/accounts production assignments
- Communicate with clients, potential clients and all other third parties in professional manner
- Take ownership of audit and accounts preparation work for clients assigned to them
- Keep up to date with all accounting changes by professional reading, research and training courses
- Be aware of the billing and profitability potential of the audit / accounts assignments and assist in ensuring maximum profitability
- Proactively offer assistance to managers and seniors
- From the trial balance, be able to prepare and understand a profit and loss account and balance sheet
- Where the accounts are prepared by the client on a computerised accounts package be able to export these into IRIS and prepare the accounts file and the audit/accounts standard spreadsheet, then also be able to review and understand the client's records to highlight any potential adjustments or unusual items within them
- To be able to prepare draft tax computations (ready for review) based on the accounts prepared
- Be aware of assignment budgets and ensure your actual time is updated on these.
- On all audit/accounts assignments ensure that work is completed as directed by the audit/accounts senior
- Learn to detect unusual items and report to senior
- Regularly communicating/updating supervisors/ managers on progress of work
- Assist with training junior members and reporting to supervisors
- Responding to client and internal emails and telephone calls promptly after authorisation from seniors
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience within a practice environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience within a similar role
- Self-motivated and works to deadlines
- Can use initiative as well as work in a team
- Excellent organisation skills
Please contact Leanne Storey at Dynamite Recruitment for more details or apply now!!!!
Accounts Semi-Senior Audit ACA Chartered Accountancy Practice ACCA
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.