Accounts & Audit Junior
Full Time, Permanent Role
Dynamite Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Accounts & Audit Junior to join one of our top clients in Southampton. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a thriving and professional business.
- Maintain good client relationships
- Communicate with clients, potential clients and all other third parties in professional manner at all times
- Take ownership of audit and accounts preparation work for clients assigned to them
- Keep up to date with all accounting changes by professional reading, research and training courses
- Be aware of the billing and profitability potential of the audit / accounts assignments and assist in ensuring maximum profitability
- Proactively offer assistance to managers and seniors
- Be able to prepare in respect of a client's accounts bank reconciliations, control accounts, analysis of income and expenditure and bring all of these together on a trial balance
- From the trial balance be able to prepare and understand a profit and loss account and balance sheet
- Where the accounts are prepared by the client on a computerised accounts package be able to export these into IRIS and prepare the accounts file and the audit/accounts standard spreadsheet, then also be able to review and understand the client's records to highlight any potential adjustments or unusual items within them
- To be able to prepare draft tax computations (ready for review) based on the accounts prepared
- Be aware of assignment budgets and ensure your actual time is updated on these.
- On all audit/accounts assignments ensure that work is completed as directed by the audit/accounts senior
- Complete specific stages of audit work
- Learn to detect unusual items and report to senior
- Regularly communicating/updating supervisors/ managers on progress of work
- Responding to client and internal emails and telephone calls promptly after authorisation from seniors
- Be clear on what is required and by when to help prioritise work
The Ideal Candidate:
- Passion for accounts and eager to learn
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Motivated and a team player
- Excellent Organisation skills
Please contact Leanne Storey at Dynamite Recruitment for more details or apply now!!!!
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.