1st Line Technical Support
Salary: Up to £22,000 DOE per annum + FANTASTIC benefits
Full Time Permanent
Monday to Friday : 8.30am to 5.00pm
Dynamite Recruitment is currently working in partnership with a well-established business based in the Southampton area of Hampshire.
Our client provides 1st line Technical Support internally across the business as a whole.
As Technical Support and Helpdesk you will be responsible for assisting all colleagues with a variety of technical queries and actively deliver IT services.
Your key duties will include the following:
- Acting as a first point IT Support for colleagues via email and on the telephone, you will monitor ticket queues whilst communicating timescales & fault progress.
- Follow the basic processes and diagnostics (1stfixes) to establish the exact problem and where possible close helpdesk calls directly.
- Responsibility for escalating issues according to company escalation process and ensuring the right people are aware of any issues that need attention.
- You will be expected to log & update all calls on both the company call management system and in some cases certain third-party systems.
- Support of the Mobile Device Management for all business tablets and mobiles
- Manage and set up new hardware following IT policies and procedures
- Maintaining records of software licences & a high level of physical and data security
- OS Setup/Support - Microsoft Windows 7,10 and Mac OS
- The support of hardware and software for devices and applications from Servers, Desktops and Laptops
- Maintain awareness of group IT infrastructure
- Will carry out all other duties and projects specified by the I.T. Management that may arise from time to time.
The ideal candidate
- Will have had previous experience within a Helpdesk, Technical Support, 1st line support, service desk or other IT related role
- Will be accustomed to receiving high volumes of calls on a daily basis
- Will hold a full & clean driving licence.
- Will be prepared to occasionally travel to other company sites (UK South) where hands on assistance is required. This may sometimes require an overnight stay & unsociable hours.
- Will be fluent in written & spoken English
Will have the following competencies
- Meet deadlines by planning, prioritising & organising workload effectively
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Problem analysis/problem solving
- Good Timekeeping
- Strong Work Ethic
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of SLAs and KPIs
- Computer Literate
- Quick learner
- Flexible and adaptable
To be considered please submit your CV and contact Helen Dunning at Dynamite Recruitment
Key words IT, support, information technology, help desk, 1st line, 2nd line, service desk, graduate, hardware, software, applications, servers, desktops, laptops, product support, infrastructure, security, technical,
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.