1st Line Technical Support
Start Date: Immediate start
Salary: £19000- £20000 per annum
Hours of work: You will be required to work shifts of 4 days on and 4 days off, between the hours of 6am and 11pm on a rota basis. Once every three weeks you will required to work 2 night shifts.
Dynamite Recruitment is currently working in partnership with a well-established and hugely successful technical business based in the Southampton area.
Our client provide technical support to various third parties on a daily basis and due to growth our client is looking to expand their Technical support department immediately
You will start within the business as a 1st Line Support Advisor however great opportunities to progress into 2nd line will be available.
We are therefore looking for individuals with strong technical skills and who have good customer service skills and experience.
Key duties will include the following:
- Technical Support is the first point of contact for all calls. It is your responsibility to ensure that calls are answered within the targets provided and issues are logged both by email and telephone. You will need to follow the basic processes and diagnostics to establish the exact problem on site and where possible provide the fix to resolution.
- You will be expected to provide technical support (software/hardware) of bespoke systems. Ensuring you provide an efficient service to the customer, aiming to keep well within the phone system KPI's set by the client and the customer. It will also be your responsibility to provide solutions/fixes to all service calls within the time allowed under the service level agreements (dictated as per customer contract)
- Technical Support will be responsible for escalating issues according to the client's escalation process and ensuring the right people are aware of any issues that need attention.
- You will be expected to log and update all calls on the call management system and in some cases certain third party systems. It is the Technical Support's responsibility to ensure that the call management systems are up to date with all necessary relevant information.
- Technical Support are expected to provide on-site software support using dial up (Bomgar), networking & VNC systems, following basic processes and diagnostics to establish the exact problem on site and implement fixes. This includes providing support for both the engineers and third party engineers on site with all queries and escalating to Senior Technical Support or Technical Leads where necessary.
- You will be expected to represent the client in a professional manner when discussing issues with the customer and in some cases third party companies ensuring you leave them confident in your ability to provide the support required.
- ·Technical Support will need to feedback all ongoing problems/faults/issues to the Technical Lead to ensure that problems are flagged up to the relevant team within the business.
- You will be required to assist with the implementation of new software, hardware releases and adhoc rollouts as part of a team, ensuring that procedures are followed and installations double checked for problems at all times.
You will be required to have the following skills and experience
- Will have previous experience of working within a helpdesk / customer service role
- Will have strong technical skills
- Will have good problem analysis/problem solving skills and experience
- Will have good attention to detail
- Will understand basic LAN networking
- Will have Microsoft Office experience
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.